Penalty / Fine Notice
Competitor: Chase Stockon
Series: Xtreme Outlaw Sprint Series
Event Location: Volusia Speedway Park, De Leon Springs, FL
Date: February 15, 2022
Event and explanation:
Tire samples were taken February 15,2022 at Volusia Speedway Park.
A total of 1 tire was sampled (after completion of the feature event) using the accepted practice of the Xtreme Outlaw Sprint Series utilizing the team provided grooving iron and sample cuts taken by crew members. Samples were logged, bagged and sealed with the signature of the represented crew member.
Specimen cuttings were sent to an independent laboratory for testing of chemically altering substances in the tires in a comparative analysis.
The test revealed the tire had been altered and did not match or conform to the benchmarks provided by Hoosier Tire Company. Additional analysis verified the initial laboratory findings.
The Xtreme Outlaw Sprint Series rulebook reads as follows regarding altering tires in any way.
Section 9 Tires
- Hoosier MEDIUM, or H15 are the only approved right rear tires forl competition.
- Teams must utilize Hoosier tires on all four corners.
- Any member that attempts and/or is found to be using tires that are found to be illegal in any manner will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed appropriate by World Racing Group Supervisory Officials.
- The minimum penalty for any tire that does not meet the benchmark will be as follows:
- Disqualification from the event and;
- A fine up to 1,000 championship and track points and;
- Return of all earned purse and/or reward money from the event and;
- A fine up to equal the purse money awarded for the event with a minimum fine of $2000 and;
- A minimum suspension of 1-month minimum or 4 races, up to six (6) months in duration and;
- Any cost incurred for testing
- The penalty including fine and suspension may include the driver, crew chief, the car
and car owner as stated in the penalty notice.
- TIRE PROTESTS: Tire protests may involve any tire. The fee will be $500 ($50) per tire. The
protest will require the confiscation of the tire(s) protested. The tire(s) involved in the protest will be shipped by World Racing Group to the authorized laboratory for benchmark testing. The determination of the facility will be final and non-appealable.
Penalty / Fine:
- Disqualification from the event at Volusia Speedway Park, February 15, 2022, including loss of all purse money and championship points earned in the event(s). (Purse money total $1,800.00)
- $120.00 tire analysis fees.
- A fine of $2000.00.
Total due including loss of money, fine and tire analysis of $3,920.00
- A suspension from the next 2 Xtreme Outlaw Sprint Series events for Chase Stockon and the KO Motorsports #5s
- Any subsequent violations may result in a higher fine schedule and/or additional loss of points and/or suspension (including indefinite) and/or parking of the team.