Keep up with the latest movers in the chase for the 2023 Xtreme Outlaw Midget Series presented by Toyota championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Davenport Speedway (Aug. 24-26)
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Cannon McIntosh returned to early-season form over the weekend, posting finishes of second and fourth in the two-day stretch at Davenport Speedway. He and the Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports camp put an end to a lukewarm stretch of races since the summer break that saw the Gearwrench, Spike/Toyota #08 finish inside the top five only three times, posting back-to-back top-five finishes for the first time since late July.
Gavin Miller (+1): Miller finally broke through to Xtreme Outlaw Victory Lane Saturday night, topping the 21-car field for his first career Toyota Racing Feature win. His weekend also included a sixth-place run on Friday, earning him a spot inside the top three of the Series points standings, now 89 points behind the leader.
Zach Daum (+1): The defending Series champion garnered his fourth Toyota Racing Feature win of the season Friday night, driving all the way from ninth to win the 30-lap main event. A fifth-place run Saturday night aided in his jump up to fourth in the standings, though he did lose a net total of two points on McIntosh in the chase for the championship.
Chase McDermand (-2): Coming into the weekend with momentum from two wins in Pennsylvania and the Appalachian Midget Week championship, McDermand experienced a rapid twist of fate on Friday – hurting an engine in his primary car, switching to a backup car, then blowing a timing belt off in the Feature. He and Mounce/Stout Motorsports thrashed to make repairs on the primary for Saturday and rebounded to finish P6 but had already dropped from third to fifth in the standings, giving back nearly all the points they gained two weeks ago.
Austin Barnhill (+1): Barnhill had a tough weekend in the Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports #17B, posting DNFs on both nights after experiencing a slew of technical gremlins ranging from blown tires to engine issues. Despite his struggles, he still advances in the standings after another weekend MIA for Ethan Mitchell.
TOP-10 IN POINTS
- Cannon McIntosh: 4337 points | Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports #08
- Jade Avedisian: 4314 points (-23) | Keith Kunz Motorsports #71
- Gavin Miller: 4248 points (-89) | Keith Kunz Motorsports #97
- Zach Daum: 4232 points (-105) | Trifecta Motorsports #7U
- Chase McDermand: 4197 points (-140) | Mounce/Stout Motorsports #40
- Taylor Reimer: 4118 points (-219) | Keith Kunz Motorsports #25K
- Hayden Reinbold: 3643 points (-694) | Reinbold/Underwood Motorsports #19AZ
- Chance Crum: 2910 points (-1427) | Rudeen Racing #26
- Austin Barnhill: 2649 points (-1688) | Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports #17B
- Ethan Mitchell: 2497 points (-1840) | Bundy Built Motorsports #19M
To view the full Series points standings, click here.
NEXT RACE(S): Paragon Speedway (Sept. 1-2)