Keep up with the latest movers in the chase for the 2023 Xtreme Outlaw Midget Series presented by Toyota championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 (Aug. 4-5)
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Jade Avedisian’s fourth Series victory of the season Saturday night completed her climb back from fourth in the standings, where she sat only six races ago, down 180 points to then-leader Cannon McIntosh. A third-place run in the preliminary night on Friday chopped the 16-year-old Californian’s gap down from 44 to 24 points before the win Saturday put her on top of the standings by eight points, where she now sits with six career Series wins – most all-time.
Cannon McIntosh (-1): In a span of six races, McIntosh’s 121-point lead has evaporated. Since coming back from summer break at the end of July, the 20-year-old Oklahoman has posted only two top-five finishes in that six-race span – a far cry from where he began the season, dominating the circuit with only one finish outside the top three and one DNF through the first 10 races.
McIntosh drove the Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports #08 to finishes of eighth on Friday and sixth Saturday at I-55 while Avedisian posted a third-place and a win, drying-up the last of the 44-point lead he carried into the weekend and putting him back to second place in the standings, now eight points behind.
TOP-10 IN POINTS
- Jade Avedisian: 3323 points | Keith Kunz Motorsports #71
- Cannon McIntosh: 3315 points (-8) | Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports #08
- Gavin Miller: 3213 points (-110) | Keith Kunz Motorsports #97
- Zach Daum: 3169 points (-154) | Trifecta Motorsports #7U
- Chase McDermand: 3147 points (-176) | Mounce/Stout Motorsports #40
- Taylor Reimer: 3113 points (-210) | Keith Kunz Motorsports #25K
- Chance Crum: 2910 points (-413) | Rudeen Racing #26
- Hayden Reinbold: 2633 points (-690) | Reinbold/Underwood Motorsports #19AZ
- Ethan Mitchell: 1922 points (-1401) | Bundy Built Motorsports #19M
- Austin Barnhill: 1844 points (-1497) | Dave Mac-Dalby Motorsports #17B
To view the full Series points standings, click here.
NEXT RACE(S): Appalachian Midget Week – Clyde Martin Memorial Speedway (Aug. 8); Action Track USA (Aug. 9); Linda’s Speedway (Aug. 10); Path Valley Speedway (Aug. 11); Bridgeport Motorsports Park (Aug. 12).